RH135(SA2)- System Administration II
Automating Installation with Kickstart
– Explain Kickstart Concepts and Architecture
– Install and configure Linux using Kickstart t
Using Regular Expressions with “grep”
– Create a Regular Expressions that match desired data.
Creating and Editing Text files with vim
– Explain the three main modes of “vim”.
Scheduling Future Linux Tasks
- Scheduling tasks using at and cron.
Managing Priority of Linux Processes
– Explain about Linux Processes and nice values.
Controlling Access to Files with Access Control Lists (ACL)
– Describe ACL's and file system mount options.
Managing SELinux Security
– Explain the Basics of Se-Linux permissions and Context Transitions.
– Display Current Se-Linux Modes.
– Correctly Interpret the Se-Linux Context of a File.
– Identify Current Se-Linux Boolean Settings.
Connecting to Network-Defined Users and Groups
– User authentication using centralized Identity Management Services.
Adding Disks, Partitions, and File Systems to a Linux System
– Create and Delete disk Partitions on disks with an MBR Partitioning Scheme Using “fdisk”.
– Create and Delete disk Partitions on disks with an GPT Partitioning Scheme Using “gdisk”.
– Format Devices Using “mkfs”.
Managing Logical Volume Management (LVM) Storage
- How to manage high performance LVM storage.
Accessing Network Attached Storage with Network File System (NFS)
– Access , Mount and unmount NFS Shares .
Accessing Network Storage with SMB
– How to mount and unmount smb file-system using the command line.
Controlling and Troubleshooting the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Boot Process
– Describe and Influence the RHEL Boot Process.
Limiting Network Communication with Firewalled
– Configure the Basic Firewall Using “firewalld”, “firewalld-config”and “firewalld-cmd”.